Gait training is a type of physical therapy that can help improve the ability to walk. It can help improve your ability to stand and walk if you’ve had an illness or injury that affects your ability to get around. It may help you gain independence in walking, even if you need an adaptive device.
Gait training can help:
- Strengthen your muscles and joints
- Improve your balance and posture
- Build your endurance
- Develop your muscle memory
- Retrain your legs for repetitive motion
- Lower your risk of falls, while increasing your mobility